
Lime Crime Chinchilla
from (http://www.limecrime.com)
Chinchilla is a toned down cool colored opaque purple with some gray undertones so people with warmer complexions as myself (I'm more neutral than warm), tend get washed out from wearing this color. On top of that madness, because it is a purple, it does make the teeth appear yellow :(
Chinchilla Swatch (http://samantharoserussell.blogspot.com/2014/04/lipstick-review-lime-crime-chinchilla.html)
 |
Here I am wearing Chinchilla and although it looks somewhat "ok", I would never walk out in public like this because it tends to make me look washed out and it doesn't compliment my skin complexion at all. |
 |
Here you can see more of the contrast between the model and I. On her, Chinchilla looks darker and more gray, she can pull off the color better than I, whereas on me, its brighter and doesn't contrast well with my natural lip color or skin tone.
So to improve the look, I used MAC's More to Love Pro-long wear lip pencil amd I lightly rimmed my lip line because the liner is darker than Chinchilla and almost more pinky purple, after that I applied Chinchilla but lightly but generous amounts. Don't just rub the product all over your lips because you will take off the liner. The finished result looks a lot better than just Chinchilla alone - But it's still not something I would wear out
|
No comments:
Post a Comment