Monday, February 9, 2015

M.A.C All Fired Up

To me, beauty and makeup and color is like the finishing touch on everything.
-Marc Jacobs



MAC Cosmetics (http://www.maccosmetics.com/index.tmpl) - All Fired Up (Retro Matte)

All Fired Up is a "bright fuchsia  with a retro matte finish.  

This is a reddish-fuschia color that is a bit warmer due to the lack of blue undertones. Personally, I really enjoy wearing this lipstick because it's super girly and bright. Although it is not fluorescent, it tends not to be an everyday color for most people. In this case, if you do wish to wear this color more often, the best way to do so would be applying it in a soft dabbing motion on the lips instead of directly rubbing the product on. Even adding a little gloss on top can add more dimension. I do like how it is retro matte but at the same time it does dry out my lips which sometimes I think draws people away from wearing any kind of retro matte lipstick in general.
It is also a retro matte so this will be even more matte and drying than your typical matte finish from MAC. I needed to heavily moisturize my lips before applying or this lipstick will dry out my lips and cling to dry skin.  But you have to make sure to rub your lip balm into your lips and make sure you do not have too much on or the color will not transfer properly.  You will get a good 8 hours of wear out of this lipstick and it will leave a light stain of color if not taken off with makeup remover.  






















2 comments:

  1. To Ali
    The about me that you provided was clear but you should just elaborate a little bit more on why you lipstick is your passion like what did it do for you (give a personal experience like did others like it on you more, etc)

    Also you should include a description talking about what your blog is going to offer to your audience and what will be included in the blog.

    your first post was good, just increase the font of your description because we do not want to be using a magnifying glass to read it and try to capture your audience a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your About me was good but It could have been a little better if you added more onto the topic of why Lipstick was your favorite beauty product.

    The description I feel could have been elaborated slightly better, If I didnt read your about me first I dont think i wouldve really understood what this blog was going to be about.

    I do like your first post because it gives your opinions on the lipstick and what you need to do before you apply it/ how you can make it look better/ ect... good job on the first post.

    ReplyDelete