Thursday, February 12, 2015

M.A.C Please Me


Please Me swatch from
(http://www.temptalia.com)

 M.A.C Please Me



In both pictures we are wearing MAC's Please Me lipstick. Please Me can be described as a light-medium creamy pink with subtle yellow undertones with a matte finish. As you can tell on me it looks rather dried out and "crusty." It also looks more rosy and the model's lips look more peachy. Since it has a hint of yellow undertones and so do I as well, the lipstick washes me out a little and that's one reason why I wanted to replicate this color to work for my skin-tone. 


In the first picture (left) I am wearing Please Me, alone. It looks decent not too bad. To make it a little more polished, I added MAC's Stripdown lip pencil just lightly riming the corners of my lips and applying the lipstick regularly (center & right). For a finished touch I also applied a normal clear gloss, lightly. Personally, when I first picked up the color I thought it was NOT going to be cute on me whatsoever. I'm very picky when it comes to pinks when we're talking about makeup and specifically lipstick in general. But I think the best advice I can give someone of color when trying to make lighter lipsticks work for them is to always have a lip pencil on deck. They will become your best friend when using them properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment